Voices For Children Overview
Voices for Children is the leading non-profit committed to the belief that very child deserves a safe and permanent home, and to that end, will review and monitor every court file in the system, provide a CASA to every child in the foster care system who needs one, and advocate to improve the lives of foster children. SDPA and its members are proud supporters of Voices for Children and have continued to help promote the mission of Voices for Children through charity events, fundraisers, and volunteering.
- To provide the highest level training, supervision, and continuing education for volunteers in San Diego County and Riverside County who advocate for the best interests of foster children and provide vital information to judges;
- To annually review and monitor the case files of every child in foster care in San Diego County;
- To increase public awareness about the foster care system; and
- To advocate for legal policies and practices that enhance the quality of life for foster children.
Benefits for CASAs:
- Ongoing support from the Voices for Children staff and fellow CASAs
- Professional experience and personal development through a unique volunteer position that offers networking opportunities and looks great on your résumé
- Planned children’s activities to which you can bring your case child, including arts and crafts days, holiday parties, and museum outings
- Exclusive events for CASAs, their families, and friends
- An official Voices for Children T-shirt
- Mileage reimbursement
- Most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive impact in a child’s life
- RSVP for an Information Session!
- For other questions on volunteering in San Diego County, please email email@example.com or call (858) 598-2230.