Date(s) - 04/30/2016
8:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Categories No Categories
Power Up Your Paralegal Skills!
Registration opens on March 1, 2016 and closes on April 16, 2016.
Breakfast & Lunch will be provided. Thank you to our sponsors for making this event possible! To volunteer for this event or to get your student club more involved, please contact Brittany Curran, CP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule of Events:
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. Welcome & Introduction by SDPA and Julia Dunlap, Director of Legal Education of UC San Diego Extension, Legal Studies
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. Track One
- eDiscovery Ethics: eDiscovery in the Real World – Ethical Responsibilities of Non-Attorney Teams with Maureen Holland, D4
- Family Law
- Strategic Career Planning: Boost Your Marketability – Katie Cyboron, Special Counsel; Azra Mukanovic, UC San Diego Extension Placement Director; Linda Quindt, Office Administrator for Finch, Thornton & Baird
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. Track Two
- eDiscovery: Wearable Technology – The New ESI Hotspot with Bill Maheu of Qualcomm
- Family Law Ethics: The Perils of Electronic Communication
- Strategic Career Planning: Alternative Career Panel featuring paralegals working in various non-legal industries
- 11:45-1:00 p.m. Lunch; Networking
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. Presentation by SDPA Mentorship Committee, Lauren Doucette & Brittany Curran, CP
- 1:30-2:30 Keynote Speaker: Ruth Hauswirth, Esq. of Cooley, LLP, Ethics
- 2:35-3:00 Raffle Drawings/Closing/Networking
Tickets: $25 for students, $35 for non-students/SDPA Members, $45 for non-students/non-SDPA Members. Walk-ins $50
NO REFUNDS. SCHEDULE AND EDUCATION TRACKS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
By registering and attending this event, you are consenting to the San Diego Paralegal Association and its agents taking your photograph, video, and mentioning your name, affiliates, company, and agents on their online social media accounts, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, WordPress, the SDPA Newsletter, the SDPA website, and any other site the SDPA Public Relations officer sees as appropriate. SDPA reserves the right to remove any and all content it finds inappropriate, offensive, irrelevant, or seeking to disclose private information on any of its social media sites as posted by other users or attendees of this event.
Bookings are closed for this event.