The San Diego Paralegal Association’s board of directors provides strategic leadership and dedicates their time to advance the development of the paralegal profession and to provide continuing education programs for paralegals as members of the legal community. In context of its specific purpose, the Association:
(i) provides continuing education seminars to the membership;
(ii) establishes and maintains communications with other paralegal associations on local, state and national levels;
(iii) fosters communications with the local, state and national bar associations;
(iv) promotes a positive outlook on the profession and encourages the development and growth of both the individual paralegal and the paralegal profession;
(v) encourages a high order of ethical and professional attainment; and
(vi) supports the programs, purposes, aims and goals of the National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. (“NALA”).
Our Board Members serve on several committees, including:
|Programs & Education
| Sustaining Members
|Public Relations & Marketing
New members will be supported and mentored by existing board of directors to help ease the transition into this leadership role. Participation on the Board is voluntary.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Willingness and commitment to Guidance and leadership to implement the strategic and operational community service plans;
- Chair of or participation in committees: See our full list of committees;
- Reviewing agenda, provide committee memorandums, and review board minutes prior to monthly board meetings;
- Approving annual budget, annual calendar, and board minutes;
- Represent the San Diego Paralegal Association and acting as an ambassador to the organization.
Expected Commitment from Board Members:
- Term begins January 1st, have the ability to serve for a minimum of one (1) year and eligible for re-election at the annual membership meeting;
- Attend 9 Board meetings that take place each year: in conjunction with the annual January Board Retreat, annual July Board Retreat and annual membership meeting in November; and
- Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the board, one board committee, and represent the San Diego Paralegal Association.
- October 2024: Call for nominations.
- October 2024: Deadline to submit nominations.
- November 2024: Deadline to submit votes.
- 2025 elected directors announced at SDPA Annual Holiday Party.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in contributing your expertise, skillsets, and leadership skills to our dynamic and growing organization, please submit your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation receipt upon submission.