By Ellen Zacarias
Happy November! This month we are going to focus on gratitude: gratitude for those who have helped us, and for a chance to give back. Oftentimes, in the process of giving back, we form frie ndships and a stronger sense of community along the way.
- 11/14/18 - SDPA's Friendsgiving - 6-9 p.m., at Procopio, 525 B St., 1st Floor MPR, San Diego, CA 92101 - Bring your friends and coworkers! SDPA is hosting its annual Friendsgiving mixer at Procopio, with food and drinks. Paralegals and other professionals in the legal community will be joining together to give thanks and network. We will also be accepting donations of jeans to benefit homeless San Diegans through our 2018 charity of choice, Stand Up for Kids. Our keynote speaker will be Jamie Quient, Esq. of Free to Thrive. If you haven't signed up yet, please do so here: SDPA Friendsgiving Registration.
- 11/3/18 - SD Clean Slate Clinic - November 3, 2018, 9 AM, South Metro Career Center, 4389 Imperial Ave., San Diego, CA 92113 - San Diego Clean Slate Clinic helps people with the process of expunging their old criminal records so that they can find jobs and housing. Volunteers are always needed, and the clinic opens on the first Saturday of each month. Sign up here: SD Clean Slate Clinic RSVP Form
- 11/8/18 - Free to Thrive's Brewing a Brighter Future (Fall Fundraiser) - 5:30 p.m., Mission Brewery, 1441 L St., San Diego, CA - Free to Thrive helps survivors of human trafficking with rehabilitation and more. Buy a ticket here: FreetoThrive.org/tickets
- 12/4/18 - SDPA Holiday Party - December 4, 2018, 6-9 p.m., The Dana Hotel on Misson Bay - The holiday party is one of our dressier, fancier events. Please save this date on your calendar. More info to come soon!
- 12/11/18 - GDPR - Not Just an EU Concern - December 11, 2018, 12-1 p.m., Sheppard Mullin (Del Mar), 12275 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130 - You are invited to an educational lunch session on GDPR and data privacy on December 11, 2018 from 12 to 1 PM at Sheppard Mullin in Del Mar. Please RSVP here: https://go.epiqglobal.com/l/76132/2018-10-16/4d44ms
- 12/18/18 - SDPA December Mixer - December 18, 2018 6:00-7:30 p.m., Troutman Sanders, 11682 El Camino Real, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92130 - Another fun mixer to come. We love seeing you at these socials! More info to come.
- Rising Hearts of San Diego's Shoe Drive - Extended to December! - Rising Hearts helps survivors of domestic abuse. They have extended their shoe drive to December - only 12 more bags are needed to reach their goal. Proceeds from the shoes will go to help domestic abuse survivors. If you are interested in donating your shoes, please send them a message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Risingheartsproject/
- ElderHelp of San Diego - Volunteering Opportunity - You can help a senior by volunteering just a few hours each month - flexible schedule. Ways to help include grocery shopping, companionship, transportation, organizing paperwork, installing safety bars, gardening, and more. For more information, please contact Carrie McClellan to learn more: 858-380-5245 & firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SD Clean Slate Clinic - December 1, 2018, 9 AM, South Metro Career Center, 4389 Imperial Ave., San Diego, CA 92113 - San Diego Clean Slate Clinic helps people with the process of expunging their old criminal records so that they can find jobs and housing. Volunteers are always needed, and the clinic opens on the first Saturday of each month. Sign up here: SD Clean Slate Clinic RSVP Form
SDPA on Social Media
Please follow us on social media to get regular updates of educational, networking, and volunteering opportunities for paralegals: